DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago, I had someone working on my outdoor a/c unit, and he accidentally shorted out the control board in the furnace (it's a Goodman gas furnace GKS91155DX). He replaced the board, and the a/c did end up working, but when I tried to start the heat today, the burners would not stay on for longer than a few seconds before cutting out.

After ruling out the usual culprits (flame sensor, bad ground, etc.), I turned my attention to the control board, and after a little research I came to realize that it was the wrong board! The one in my furnace was PCBBF122, while the one listed in the service manual for my model is PCBBF112.

Does anybody know whether these boards are generally interchangeable? The terminals are mostly the same, except that the "wrong" board has 2 extra terminals -- one for "LO HEAT" and the other for "EAC-H".

Thanks!

·
Banned
3,704 Posts
call the local supplier and make sure. You can even make a google search.

My 2 cents is that if all the plugs in are the same you probably have the right part.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It turns out they're not compatible -- the one I need is for one-stage, and the other one is for two-stage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
goodman furnace control board- for bugmenot

the board that was given you is a 2 stage board but that chould not stop you from using it. The EAC is for elctronic air cleaner connection ( most new boards have it). The fan motor connection for heat should go to stage 1 and shold be red or blue wire from motor. The stage 2 should have the yellow or orange wire connected to it. This will give you a step-up in speed as the heater progresses. The only difference that you are trying to overcome is that a furnace that usually uses this board, comes with a multistage blower motor, but everything else is the same and it should work in your furnace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts