DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am renovating my master bathroom and I am taking out the bath and putting in a 2 person shower. I have the design more or less worked out which includes glass walls. My questions is what are the pros/cons of having the glass go all the way to ceiling vs leaving 1-2ft of room. Also if I do go all the way to the ceiling what do I have to do differently for the ceiling construction and finish. I plan on tiling the walls at least 7' up but I would like to know if there are any options other then tiling the entire shower.

Thanks for the help
-Johannes

·
Registered
270 Posts
My questions is what are the pros/cons of having the glass go all the way to ceiling vs leaving 1-2ft of room. Also if I do go all the way to the ceiling what do I have to do differently for the ceiling construction and finish.
I think the major pro of a totally enclosed shower is that it is warmer and hence more comfortable--no cold air circulating into the shower enclosure.

But with a totally enclosed shower all surfaces must be both water and vapor tight or there will be problems down the road.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts