DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Wire Chewer
3,593 Posts
I would put some kind of decoration or sticker or something to make it easy to see that it's a door. Or maybe go with some kind of frosted glass. I'd also go tempered like car windshields so if something breaks it, it wont shatter. You don't want shards of glass in an area where people will be bare feet. Consider if people are playing in the pool, possibly throwing a basketball around or something.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I take this will be for the pool house and not a pool entrance door.:confused1:
Tempered is the way to go for safety and liability reasons.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
I want to install a full glass door around an inground pool? Should I be concerned about safety?
That's going to be a really, really big door.
Try reposting what you actually want to do.
Ron

·
Learning by Doing
3,156 Posts
I would put some kind of decoration or sticker or something to make it easy to see that it's a door. Or maybe go with some kind of frosted glass. I'd also go tempered like car windshields so if something breaks it, it wont shatter. You don't want shards of glass in an area where people will be bare feet. Consider if people are playing in the pool, possibly throwing a basketball around or something.
:yes::yes::yes::yes: Can't tell you how many times my slightly dumb dog smashed into a sliding glass door 'til we put some stickers up. :laughing::laughing: Also, I may have done the same thing to.... I can't remember.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts