DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now! ENDING SOON

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to replace an interior doorknob that has a decorative covering plate, but I can't get the plate off. There is a little hole on both sides of the knob but neither of them seem to be able to be pushed in to release the knob. I can see screws under the plate too. help :vs_cry:

·
Naildriver
18,490 Posts
The two push items will eventually allow you to push them in to release the knob. You just have to keep trying. As for the holes, you will need to rotate the plate ccw until the holes align with the screw heads. The plate is spring driven, so it will want to cover the screw heads naturally.

·
Registered
79 Posts
In my experience, the "push things" on the side(s) of the knob can be surprisingly hard to push in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been trying to replace an interior doorknob that has a decorative covering plate, but I can't get the plate off. There is a little hole on both sides of the knob but neither of them seem to be able to be pushed in to release the knob. I can see screws under the plate too. help :vs_cry:
Can you please show the pictures here? As they will help us to figure out the issue quickly. Hope you understand :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
looks like a slot where the cover plate meets the door? stick a screw driver in there and see if you can pop the plate off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.