DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a Lennox G60 furnace which started acting up again. Been running fine all season but has had problems in the past. I had alternating slow flashes last year and cleaning the fuel sensor rod fixed that. Also had the igniter replaced after it failed. Now I am getting simultaneous slow flashes and nothing else. My quick Google search a minute ago shows that it is due to a failed blower motor. Anything else I should look at before I call for service in the morning? Thanks

·
Registered
13,381 Posts
Do you have a G60 or G60V.

The V has a ecm motor and is more complex to troubleshoot than regular motor.

Normally with a failed blower, you'll get a high limit trip error. Look up the error codes for your model.

There's no specific error code for bad blower motor that i know of. this may have changed with the new communicating stuff.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys. Turns out this was a false alarm. I had an issue about three days ago where I woke up to a colder than normal house, and found the thermostat at 63 when it was set for 65. I had alternating slow flashes, which I've had a couple times in years past, and it simply required that the flame sensor rod be cleaned. I did that today.

My adult son misread the thermostat (backwards) today and it was not even calling for heat. He had me believing that there was an issue when there wasn't. I set the temp a couple degrees warmer and it fired right up. My apologies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts