DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be getting an engineering report for foundation work in North Texas. There is a 7" drop over about 20 feet of slab (it is cracked about two thirds of the way along the 20 feet). What do you do with the space that will be created once the lift occurs? Also it seems most companies I have talked to don't want to address gas/sewer line, windows and exterior/interior stone work. That just scares me a tad. They all want is to get the work of lifting the slab (yes, it is a slab) but shy away from other issues that I mention. Am I just talking to the wrong people? Is a General Contractor needed to see all this through? Permits are required. As always, the Chat sessions are great and an early Thank You to those who reply and offer advice.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
You should contact a General Contractor that specializing in Historical / Older Structures Restorations. This type contractor has already been through all these problems also the engineer should know a contractor that has completed this type work.

·
retired framer
59,706 Posts
I agree a GC would know who and when to call for the extra details like a gas fitter, might take you days to get a little job done and the CG will have someone he knows and gets it done faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.