DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased hardwood flooring from reallycheapfloors.com? It looks like they sell left over material from previous jobs, so the amount is limited. However, the prices are around 70% less than I've seen anywhere else.

I tried researching the company but can't find much information, and I definitely don't trust the testimonials on the website. The website does show it has an A+ BBB rating, but I'm not sure how much that can be trusted either. I'm always leery about purchasing from online distributors and when something looks too good to be true it usually is, so any advice/information would be much appreciated

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,241 Posts
This is a good question.

I too wonder if this is a good site to purchase from.

Any other members here that has had business with them?

ED

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased hardwood flooring from reallycheapfloors.com? It looks like they sell left over material from previous jobs, so the amount is limited. However, the prices are around 70% less than I've seen anywhere else.

I tried researching the company but can't find much information, and I definitely don't trust the testimonials on the website. The website does show it has an A+ BBB rating, but I'm not sure how much that can be trusted either. I'm always leery about purchasing from online distributors and when something looks too good to be true it usually is, so any advice/information would be much appreciated
Check the BBB's website for more info and maybe some reviews.

·
Registered
375 Posts
bgit

They are legit and good people to deal with.

I took a 16' trailer to the Dalton store and got hardwood flooring for 50% to 75% cheaper vs BigBox, which more than offset gas cost driving over there.
They have a large warehouse in Dalton.

Stock varies by day and by store; best selection seems to be at the NC stores which have monthly close out sales.

They were also willing to reduce price on some of their smaller lots.

bill g

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,088 Posts
Couldn't be any worse than LL. Most pros won't touch their inferior stuff.

Reactions: de-nagorg

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I've scored a lot of great hardwood, mostly engineered, at Habitat ReStore.

Georgeous Santos Mahogany for 50 cents a square foot.

Check your local store..

·
4,080 Posts
Just be careful and not get it from whomever the "flipper" that did the home we live in, and all the others in our subdivision that he is flipping... gets his floors.

He is buying and installing what I call "footsies"= 3/4" T & G real oak hardwood planks 12" to 16" long max, and installing them.

Not true random length planks (1' to 6' ) as they should be. Nasty looking stuff, with hoards of joints too close together. Crooked runs from the planks not being long enough to span passed the adjacent joints, to help keep the planks true.

·
4,080 Posts
Greg: That looks like a drunken blind installer put that in.

It is asking for help, saying I'm ashamed , cover me with full sized laminate, please.

ED

I wish I could Ed, but all the other electrical, plumbing, HVAC, foundation, sump pump, lawn, etc. problems that I have corrected on this "lipstick" flipped house since 2015 has literally drained our pockets. I am digging nickels out of those hardwood plank cracks whenever I see one for pocket money now. And hope I never drop a silver dollar coin, as it will probably fall in through the cracks too and not even touch the planks . :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts