DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, Everyone. i just joined-my first question. i am going to use Flood's Oil Clear wood finish on my deck and my only concern is off gassing. My wife has a sometimes burdensome (even for her), sense of smell so I wonder have any of you used this and had any problem with the smell as it cured? At least any beyond what one would expect as an oil product dried?

·
retired painter
11,141 Posts
Is this the waterborne CWF or the old oil base version? or another product completely?
While CWF can have a strong odor it dissipates fairly fast as long as it's not in an enclosed area. I would think if she stayed inside or away from that part of the yard it wouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. It's the oil based though the Flood people pointed out that the other formula is actually a latex/alkyd mix also but the oil formula has penetrol to help it step in just a bit easier.

·
retired painter
11,141 Posts
I didn't know if they still sold the oil base version, I haven't used any in over 25 yrs. Not sure if anyone sells it locally. The waterborne version is supposed to have better UV protection.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts