DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’ve have this problem for about a year now. I have two ceiling lights on the same breaker that’s flickering (not on / off flickers but a dimming kind of flickers)It does not flickers constantly, it’ll flickers for about 5 seconds and then stops for about a minute and repeat. I have changed out the light fixtures, bulbs, switch and breaker and nothing fixed it, the only thing I haven’t changed is the wiring. It’s just those two lights, all the wall outlets in the same breaker works. Any help to diagnose this would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that confident, but I can always turn off the main just to be safe. I tightened all the wires on switches and still flickers.

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,260 Posts
The loose wire could be anywhere after the breaker up to the last light, it is all one circuit, and any fault anywhere could cause this.

There are junction boxes, and switch boxes, and fixture boxes to be checking.

Usually a loose wire-nut, somewhere.

Depending on your particulars, often an electrician is easiest, or fastest.

ED

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I also have to check all the outlet boxes that’s on the same circuit as well? But it cause the lights to flickers the way I described? Flickers around 5 seconds and stops and repeat?

·
JUSTA MEMBER
15,260 Posts
Check the connection in the breaker box first, then the junction boxes in the attic, then at the switches, then the outlets.

And after you find the loose wire, you can stop, or continue , but that is just to make sure that all are tight.

ED

1 - 6 of 6 Posts