DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any value to used flexible copper piping with a 1/2" diameter? It was sitting in our basement when we bought the house. I don't know if it's worth scrapping out, or just a trip to the garbage. I have about 50 feet of this rolled up. I thought I'd ask before throwing it out.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Yes, very good scrap value. Worth even more as it is. Price this size copper tubing at a Home Center or hardware and you will see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Prices of copper now a days, you have some $$$ invested in that. if you are not going to use it, and there is a "scrap yard" around, you can get a good price for it. Copper has gone up quite a bit these past few years. (family owns a heating business in upstate NY). If your not going to use it, may as well sell it, and treat yourself to something.. :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
might take it to a plumber he might give more for it than a scrap yard. copper at the scrap yards has gone down quite a bit here in missouri in the last few months.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good point

Good point about giving to a plumber. trade-off for works/goods. I know my brother has made some great deals on things. He normally gets a ton of old copper and brings it in. But isn't shy about someone that may not be able to pay, or have something he wants and trades goods for services.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts