DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 4" brickledge and had z flashing made to extend from the sheathing to then overlap the top of icf block. I am not installing brick, but rather xps foam. my question is what is the correct way to overlap the flashing at both an exterior and an interior corner?. looking at it i can see there are several options. i thought it would be best to find out what the best way is before i start with the tinsnips. thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i mean. do you just cut through the vertical edge that attaches to the sheathing on one side of the corner and run the other piece over the top? I assume you put flashing mastic between the two pieces of flashing? what made me wonder about this is there will always be a slight gap on the piece that attaches to the sheathing right at the corner.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well in most cases in the US, neoprene or PVC rubber flashing is used for brick etc. The proper way to flash outside corner would be to fold it so it turns the corner and is continuous. Same for the inside corner. Run one side all the way to the inside corner, fold it strategically, fasten it at the top where it laps. We also use butyl rubber flashing which is sticky on one side so it attaches without any holes put in it. Mainly for commercial tho. GL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts