DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there issues with flared connections inside walls as far as plumbing or building permits go in Massachusetts?

I am looking to install a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim unit and have a gutted house right now. I want to run all the linesets inside the walls and have absolutely no runs outside, it looks ugly outside.

Do the Mitsubishi evaps come with 2-3 ft of lineset pre-installed on them so when its connected, the flared connection will be inside the wall? Or do the flared connections go directly on the evap?

·
AKA HVACTECHFW
2,426 Posts
the flared connections go behind the inside unit and not in the wall. they are tucked in kinda under and behind the evap so that when you swing it up on it install bracket you have access to them on the bottom of the unit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great, thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

also, the 1/4" lines are very thin, if i end up kinking them, can i just cut it, couple the connection and solder? i realize it has to be a good connection and may develop a leak but is that the easiest fix?

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Makes sense not to bury flares anywhere out of site. If theres a leak the service man will go crazy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
any advantage of using the factory lineset fittings on the evap and condensor or can i use the fittings that come with the pre-flared linesets?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts