DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Wire Chewer
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I made a hole in the soffit with intention of venting a fan out but I was unable to do it that way as I could not physically get even close to that spot in the attic so I could run the pipe. So I just put vapor barrier tape as a temp fix so bugs and perhaps even small rodents don't get in. I want to fix this properly, what is the best way to patch a hole like this? I suppose soffit designs change all the time, so the odds of finding a piece that looks exactly like mine is probably slim. Is there a standard way to fix something like this?

·
Wire Chewer
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Added a pic. Not the same part but it's the same all around.

Also forgot to mention, I have gutters, so I can't remove the fascia cover, which would be required to remove/insert a new soffit piece. I could maybe try to pry it but would probably do damage.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
you can remove a piece and replace it usually with little or no damage
or you can just put a round vent cover to fill the hole,only you will know:wink:

·
Wire Chewer
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was thinking of putting a vent cover too, I might just do that. I guess I could try to remove a piece and see how easy it is. From there if I bring it to a hardware store they might be able to match it I guess. Worth a shot. Would also give me a chance to see if the wood behind it is cut or not. Can't see from the hole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts