DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my house the patio already was done and I like the concrete work they did. However, there is one square that was not leveled correctly and all water pools up on it. It takes about a week to dry without any other water being added.

I don't want to pour new concrete to raise the level as I doubt the color would ever match. I don't want any large drainage cuts unless they can be in the "grout" areas.

I was thinking of chipping away about a 6 inch hole directly in the center of the square and digging as deep as I can and putting a french drain and using a drain cover. Would that be an option?

Attachments

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
either that or a wet/dry vac,,, i like MORE tools so i'd vote for the vac :laughing: slab jacking would be $350 - that buys a lot of vacs :thumbsup:

IF you dig, what capacity would you need ? 1g of wtr = 231 cu" & 1cu' of holding space will handle approx 7.5g of wtr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I only need it for when it rains to allow some drainage. I was thinking i could get by with about a foot down for now and see how well that handles it. I dont need it to drain instantly, i just need it to eventually leech away much faster than just relying on evaporation as I do now.

Any other ideas or concerns with just chipping away at my concrete.

·
Master General ReEngineer
9,768 Posts
I only need it for when it rains to allow some drainage. I was thinking i could get by with about a foot down for now and see how well that handles it. I dont need it to drain instantly, i just need it to eventually leech away much faster than just relying on evaporation as I do now.

Any other ideas or concerns with just chipping away at my concrete.
Ayuh,.... Have ya got a hammerdrill, 'n concrete bit,..??

Drill a hole, at the deepest point of yer puddle,.....

The water will leach away, dependin' on the sub-soil's capacity,....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts