DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
How do I get the top off a Fisher & Paykel washing machine, model GWL15 ('ecosmart', new in 2006) ?
I do not mean the lid. The top does not seem to be removable in the usual Whirlpool/Kenmore way (inserting a putty knife in the front slot, etc.)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Nealtw. After watching that part of the video, I gave it a try.... as the GWL15's top is plastic, it gave a little in the front but didn't break loose. So I noodled around some more on youtube - searching this time for 'ecosmart'. That resulted in LOTS of non-washing machine videos, but I did finally find one about a Fisher&Paykel machine, which (though not a GWL15) showed two screws covered with white circular plastic caps in the front. So I went back to my GWL15 and found that it has two semi-circular caps on right and left side, on top. Took a screwdriver and pried off one of 'em. Lo & behold there's a screw underneath. Progress.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Removing the 2 screws (revealed after prying off the semi-circular plastic caps) did the trick - I was able to open the top, still hinged at the back.:smile:
Had to rig up a couple hooks to keep it open.
My real purpose was to get to the fill nozzle. I was able to get that off by removing a single screw. Disassembled it, found it has a blue plastic, spring-loaded 'piston' inside it.
Some photos below. Top photo shows nozzle after cleaning and reassembly.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, there's been a slow drip from the fill nozzle after a load is done. That's my original problem. Now I suspect a failing cold water inlet valve (drops are not warm).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replaced the inlet valves assembly (including the "common valve body" as F&P calls it) on this GWL15 model; I'll wait a day or two before declaring the slow drip problem cured.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the 'new' inlet valves assembly cured 98% of the slow drip problem. Overnight there was only ~4 drops in the pan I set in the tub under the fill nozzle. :smile: So, done. Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts