DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let a friend stay in my home and she installed child bars on the sliders (brand new sliders :vs_mad:). So now my question is when she and her child move out how can i repair the damage done to the frame by the screws? Caulking, Epoxy, plug, no hope? lol

Thanks in advance for your time

·
JUSTA MEMBER
18,113 Posts
How about a picture of it?

Most likely it will always be visible even after fixing it.

There are bins of little plastic plugs and items in the BIG BOX hardware stores, you might find a great hole plug to put in there to try to conceal the hole.

ED

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Your best bet would be to either use a plug like Ed suggested or maybe even a stainless crew. They are going to look conspicuous but will look like they belong there. Any repair is just going in the making things worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can take a picture but essentially the bars are still in place, therefore no real holes to see. I am not sure the holes are big enough for plugs. I would probably have to widen the original hole.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
not sure if this would remedy your situation, but similar problem occurred at my sisters house where her dog chewed a pretty good section of the vinyl on her slider. I bought (matching colored) replacement vanes for a vertical blinds (can get a six pack for about $10, I think it was) - I proceeded to cut the vanes in the exact width and length I needed, and caulked the edges. Really cannot even tell where the chew marks are. One of my prouder accomplishments.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I would use some heavy aluminum HVAC tape over the holes, maybe two layers, and then brush on some good quality trim paint. I've found paint sticks quite well to that stuff. Because of real-estate disclosure laws I can't disclose how I know this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.