DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thanks to all in advance!
I am building a double gate to store my travel trailer and ran out of concrete. I mixed what I had and poured it into the hole and I still have about 4 to six inches to cover! On one post I used the fast curing quickcrete and the other post a 24 hour curing time. My question would be, could I just add a new batch of concrete on top of what I have ready started? Also, it started to rain roughly 3-4 hours after a mixed the concrete, should I be concerned about the bonding? The rain is not as bad as other places as I reside in southern California. Thank you!

· Registered
4,071 Posts
Hello and thanks to all in advance!
I am building a double gate to store my travel trailer and ran out of concrete. I mixed what I had and poured it into the hole and I still have about 4 to six inches to cover! On one post I used the fast curing quickcrete and the other post a 24 hour curing time. My question would be, could I just add a new batch of concrete on top of what I have ready started? Also, it started to rain roughly 3-4 hours after a mixed the concrete, should I be concerned about the bonding? The rain is not as bad as other places as I reside in southern California. Thank you!

Yes to your question,and if your worried about bonding,just use a bonding agent before you do the final batch.

· Registered
5,716 Posts
Yes and don't waste the money buying bonding agent. Do moisten the old before the new pour.

· Registered
6,737 Posts
altho if it were our job, we wouldn't use a bonding agent,,, you have a conc base for the post - now all you're doing is pouring a collar which will move from frost but not enough, imo, to justify bonding agent even tho, technically, woody's right

( wow, that tasted like vinegar coming out of my mouth ! )

· Registered
4,071 Posts
altho if it were our job, we wouldn't use a bonding agent,,, you have a conc base for the post - now all you're doing is pouring a collar which will move from frost but not enough, imo, to justify bonding agent even tho, technically, woody's right

( wow, that tasted like vinegar coming out of my mouth ! )
Do you really think frost will move it where he's located??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.