DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my first table saw - Milwaukee M18 8 1/4" cordless. Was looking into accessories and learned a little about featherboards. What I just realized most if not all featherboards are shown on larger table saws. Doesn't seem like there is much table from the edge to the blade. Is there a featherboard that works better w/ smaller tables? Thanks.

·
Naildriver
16,978 Posts
Can you post a picture of your table so we can see it, too? Feather boards generally ride in the groove on either side of the blade.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Usually Confused
9,151 Posts
I'd not heard of a cordless table saw until I looked. It seems to get decent reviews, I suppose depending on how you plan on using it. It looks to have standard mitre slots. I have a couple of Milescraft featherboards that are decent and a few smaller wooden ones.
Nice tall fence and interesting adjustment. Hopefully it will be true and solid.

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Saw that one last night. Pretty good reviews. Some negative comments about not being able to tighten enough. Having one mid mounting spot might help w/ the small table on my saw.
I hear some tape around the mounting block if needed fixes the mounting block.

I keep thinking to get one, but my table saw is buried so I've been putting it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.