DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 23' X 18' outdoor pavilion that I want to add Azek fascia to. The beams were all done with 2x8's, so my plan was to use 2X10 Azek trim (5/4 size). For the 18' sides, I can order the trim in 20' length so its 1 continuous piece. The 23' front + back will need to be seamed. So I just get 2 12' Azek pieces and seam in the middle or is here a better way to hide the seam?

·
Registered
516 Posts
With your splices I would 45 them and glue them. I prefer to use the trim screw they have for it to fasten . holds the boards secure and will not pull out over time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With your splices I would 45 them and glue them. I prefer to use the trim screw they have for it to fasten . holds the boards secure and will not pull out over time.
So having the seam half way across the board is better than 1 longer side? ie. I could get a 20' piece and then have it seamed together at the end

·
Usually Confused
7,255 Posts
I would just use their trim/facia boards which are, I think 1/2" thick and come in 10" or 12" widths (going from memory here - I was having trouble with their website). For any cut edges, you can get colour-matched 'end paint' (as far as I know it is just latex paint - you could go off on your own and colour match but you won't use a whole lot). +1 on using their or recommended flush fasteners.

·
Registered
37,293 Posts
They sell small boxes of those trim head screws that comes with PVC plugs.
I've used them before and when done the holes become almost invisable.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They sell small boxes of those trim head screws that comes with PVC plugs.
I've used them before and when done the holes become almost invisable.
Yeah, I'm not worried about the screw holes... its the seam from connecting 1 Azek board to another 1

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Azek glue for the long lengths turns it into “a single piece” meaning that the expansion/contraction will show only at each end. personally I would have installed a two bye barge board over the ends of those rafters as azeek if we’ll known for showing every little bump or indent.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Azek glue for the long lengths turns it into “a single piece” meaning that the expansion/contraction will show only at each end. personally I would have installed a two bye barge board over the ends of those rafters as azeek if we’ll known for showing every little bump or indent.
Thanks. I was actually going to put some 3/4" weatherproof plywood on top of the 2X8 boards first in front+back of pavilion, then the azek. Will that b ok?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts