DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Drywall contractor
2,151 Posts
Looks like plain old concrete stucco. What I'd call a "skip trowel" effect. Lay down a base coat of stucco, then come back over it with random "splotches" of mud and flatten them out.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like plain old concrete stucco. What I'd call a "skip trowel" effect. Lay down a base coat of stucco, then come back over it with random "splotches" of mud and flatten them out.....
Thanks for the info bjbatlanta. Should I use premixed stucco mix or mix my own with Portland cement?

·
Drywall contractor
2,151 Posts
Not an expert in this area, but I've used Portland the couple of times I've done stucco repairs. Don't remember the mix ratio of sand and cement offhand, but I'm sure a Google search will get you that info if someone doesn't chime in on this thread with more help....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not an expert in this area, but I've used Portland the couple of times I've done stucco repairs. Don't remember the mix ratio of sand and cement offhand, but I'm sure a Google search will get you that info if someone doesn't chime in on this thread with more help....
Again, thanks for the insite. Much appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts