DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently did some work in attic and to properly seal and insulate the attic top plate I sprayed some can great stuff foam between the baffle and the exterior top plate. I probably have about 1-2 inches of foam right at the edge there. My concern is about the exterior wall plate and outside wall sheeting/paneling. By sealing this area have I effectively blocked out the moisture from being purged out of the wall? Could that cause problems? I know its a closed cell and has low permanence but the moisture should diffuse within the foam?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Okay thats good to hear, its been bothering me the last couple of days. I found a few forums on the web discouraging the practice but couldn't see anything for sure. Its definitely sealed between the exterior top plate and exterior paneling (wall meeting ceiling). I was also worried because the spray foam extended out a little bit on top of this paneling to house wrap plastic. The soffit is obviously fully vented and open.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.