DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what the best bonding water proof printer for my outdoor walls. I used De ultraloc and it bubbled up after rain and peeled like wallpaper. Anyways I just did bee walls outdoor and want to get best primer I hear mad dog is good and ultra spec , textcrete from
Bm and Loxon and some other to many choices any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
retired painter
13,122 Posts
What type of waterproofing do you need?
Loxon is a decent primer although often we just thinned latex house paint about 10% and used it as the primer, 2nd coat would go on unthinned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have all retaining walls and planters 6 ft high new dimond lot mesh new mortar Grenache mesh pollybond and la habra smooth Stocco. I want something so it don’t peel off or bubbles I need to pint to stick well I’m in granada hills and get rally hot here and I love washing the floor and wall all the time. My back of the walls in the neighbors side is just exposed cinder block no waterproofing at all so I want to block it from
My side. I hear mad dog product is good and ultra spec as well as textcrete 609 I believe. I used Dunn Edward before and it peeled off bubbled came offf like wallpaper on my old walls. I want to try something better I sure umi before and gripper there ok

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
I think you used the wrong Synthetic material on the wall.
Lahabra Poly-Bond is a base coat for use over EPS shapes.
NOT designed to hold back moisture / water.
The product that most likely would work would have been Insul-Bond Wet or Insul-Bond P.
If one of the above is used now all paint must be removed.
There is one product that I know of that States it can be used on the negative side of a wall it is STO FLEXYL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The neighbors side is all grass and my side now it’s all new smooth finish stocco brand new walls never Pinter or primer. I just want to use a good bonding date blocking primer on my side before paint. Have you guys used mad dog primers or ultraspec or textcrete 609 or 608 I think they tell me are all there ph13

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
Look into Elastomeric Paint for stucco.
I build a house not far from you in 1990, I had a smooth stucco finish and immediately applied this paint. The house has full exposure to the hot sun. I forgot the brand, but today, all paint mfgs have this type of paint.
Spectacular results, no cracks, no paint variations.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've done lot of research on that and I love it that's what ikea Costco and big building use which are bulletproof but a lot of people tell me your an use that for residential its will peel and come off it not meant to be used on residential retaining walls and houses I don't know how much of it is true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.