DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on reaching some very high parts of our house to paint. Short of renting a mechanical lift I know there is a harness system that attaches to the roof but I dont want to drill or hammer into the roof (future leaks if not patched correctly etc...)

What do you think?

thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL the "pro" has been hired but is unsure about how to get to a couple of areas. Of course he doesn't want to rent a lift because of the price but I think it is the safest way:thumbsup:

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
Lift or scaffolding is the only safe way IMO
I'm going to have the peak of my new addition that will be out of reach of my 40' ladder
I'm shingling that side & allowing it to age naturally - no paint !!

·
Drywall and Painting Pro
981 Posts
LOL the "pro" has been hired but is unsure about how to get to a couple of areas. Of course he doesn't want to rent a lift because of the price but I think it is the safest way:thumbsup:
Why is he worried about the price ($200.00 for a day or less)? Wouldn't you be paying for it anyway's? And, yes it's going to be the safest approach.:yes:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we did a flat fee rate...he underestamated...and is now trying to save some money. But Safety first. Ill suggest the lift tomorrow...thanks:thumbsup: I dont mind paying for it if he is concerned about costs

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
I realized my ladder is only 32', but my neighbor has a 40' I can borrow
It will still be a PIA to shingle

Mine is new construction, all sorts of stuff to tie off to
But once finished there is a window I could run a rope into & tie off
I'm surprised a painter does not have a 40' ladder :huh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts