DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to switch out my old bathroom exhaust for a different one. There are two screws at an angle on with side of the fan house that attaches to the joist. My problem is the joist is only on one side and too low for the screw to make contact. Clearly i don't a seventeen pound fan to fall on anyones head. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
So I decided to switch out my old bathroom exhaust for a different one.
This makes sense.

There are two screws at an angle on with side of the fan house that attaches to the joist.
Makes me scratch my head?

the joist is only on one side and too low for the screw to make contact. Clearly i don't a seventeen pound fan to fall on anyones head.
Scratching my head even harder now.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are four screw on the fan house, two on either side, at about a 45 degree angle pointing up. I'm suppose screw those screws into the joist. But the joist is only on one side of the ceiling and not both. The fan itself is 17 pounds and seem crazy that you would have only side to anchor the it

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Are you following the installation instructions in the manual? If you are attaching the fan directly to a joist, it only needs 2 screws.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
djlandkpl said:
Are you following the installation instructions in the manual? If you are attaching the fan directly to a joist, it only needs 2 screws.
Yeah I just saw that thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts