DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nordic Track Ellipse elliptical machine (I believe it's the e9, but if it's not, it looks very similar to it). The metal a couple inches behind the right, plastic foot pad, just under the big plastic cover, has torn asunder. I was wondering: Does anybody know of an appropriate epoxy that might adhere this back together and allow me to use my elliptical once again? Also, how would you apply it?

·
Experienced
2,979 Posts
Not sure about epoxy, but did you try writing the manufacturer to see if you could get a replacement part for that?

That looks like a stress crack in white iron (cast aluminium / magnesium) which I am sure will need reinforcing, not just glued back together.

Mark

·
Retired Moderator
25,769 Posts
If the metal has cracked from fatigue---epoxy will not be the answer---welding or brazing would be the best solution---check with a local welding shop or a bicycle shop--(my local bike shop used to be a good place for this sort of small repair.)---Mike--

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If the metal has cracked from fatigue---epoxy will not be the answer---welding or brazing would be the best solution---check with a local welding shop or a bicycle shop--(my local bike shop used to be a good place for this sort of small repair.)---Mike--
Ok. I'll do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts