DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Well--I think we should all "PINCH" ourselves---The world ended yesterday:no::no:
Or, put another way...... maybe we should all "PINCH" ourselves--- The world COULD have ended yesterday:yes::yes:

·
Pro Flooring Installer
7,093 Posts
Oct 21 is the new "Judgement Day". Anyone interested?

·
A Little Of Everything
2,390 Posts
Deuteronomy 18:21-22

21 You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
I saw on the news that he said he has no intention of returning anyone's money.
He said: "It's already been spent enlightening others about the end of the world." or some crap like that.
I just don't believe how low people will sink to steal money from others.

DM

·
Wire Chewer
3,579 Posts
It's sad. This money could have gone towards better things like missionaries or charity. The Bible even says nobody knows the time of the rapture.

·
Registered
332 Posts
INSTALLING RAPTURE.
███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.
Install delayed....please wait.
Installation failed. Please try again. 404 error: Rapture not found.
EVENT "Rapture" cannot be located. The rapture you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
the world did end, we just missed the bus. im gonna say this and possibly offend a lot of people. im gonna say it anyway because im like that. IMO,[fact]" god is like santa clause for adults except some people dont figure it out until its too late". remember when you figured out that santa was a gag. you didnt want to believe it but its true. some of my friends refused to accept it but they were the ones that were weak minded and grew up send all of their money to people like this crazy:censored:. thanks and have a nice day on a place that doesnt exist anymore.:)

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Don't question the validity of "directives" - from the "Powers That Be" -
send more money!!!
You'll see the truth!
Oh, wait - "Rapture" - I thought it was "Rupture" -
back to "Plumbing". :)

rossfingal

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
Don't question the validity of "directives" - from the "Powers That Be" -
send more money!!!
You'll see the truth!
Oh, wait - "Rapture" - I thought it was "Rupture" -
back to "Plumbing". :)

rossfingal
funny how god needs something that didnt exist until he created man. did he put us here to make money? im not the smartest man around but i think that it would have been much easier to create a printing press and make all of the money that he wanted. :whistling2:

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Printing press?
All the money you would want?
Sounds like some of the governments I've heard about.
(I'm not one - but, I've seen them on TV!).
Oh No - T-storms just started; maybe I should keep my ugly, "heretical",
"blasphemous" self inside!?!
Them, there "Liten' Blots", sure do smart!

rossfingal

(Just send more money!)

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
Printing press?
All the money you would want?
Sounds like some of the governments I've heard about.
(I'm not one - but, I've seen them on TV!).
Oh No - T-storms just started; maybe I should keep my ugly, "heretical",
"blasphemous" self inside!?!
Them, there "Liten' Blots", sure do smart!

rossfingal

(Just send more money!)
slow down man. i think that government is under a different thread than religion.:wink:

·
Old School
3,634 Posts
Understanding the the Biblical encouragement to be able to freely loosen your purse strings is not difficult at all.

What causes most of the problems in this world? It's an easy, one-word answer: greed. It may not always be simply money that we crave, but it always centers around the greedy desire to 'get more' of something for ourselves.

I have absolutely no problem with turning loose of coin. I think this wolrd would be a better place if we could all learn that freedom.

But I DO seriously question doing so just because some deluded fool tells you to. If you don't understand giving, and have an inner desire to do it freely, you have no business funding any cause... no matter HOW misguidedly sincere the requester may appear.

Giving isn't about money.

It's about learning not to trust in possessions.

As has been said, God (however you envision that power) doesn't need money. But WE, ourselves, need to learn how to free ourselves from the love of money.

Reactions: drtbk4ever

·
NACE Coating Inspector
524 Posts
Understanding the the Biblical encouragement to be able to freely loosen your purse strings is not difficult at all.

What causes most of the problems in this world? It's an easy, one-word answer: greed. It may not always be simply money that we crave, but it always centers around the greedy desire to 'get more' of something for ourselves.

i give more than most, i think. what you said makes perfect sense. off topic. i just noticed that you are from st. pete. my profile pic is from that area.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts