DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm currently building a free standing a porch that will butt up to a camper and be lightly attached for sealing purposes. It will be enclosed with Jalousie windows and a a tin roof and I'll have a propane heater and air conditioner out there. Being that I wanted it so that it can be climate controlled I installed a moisture barrier on top of the joists before installing the pressure treated deck boards. The joists are also pressure treated and are essentially ground level on cement blocks. I'm now wondering if I'm going to have a moisture problem under the deck boards between now and the time I finish the walls and roof and I'm wondering if I need to pull a few boards and drain and rain water and maybe cut drain holes in the moisture barrier, or pull all the boards and remove the moisture barrier and put down a subfloor over the deck boards. Hadn't given the rain issue much though til now. I went with pressure treated deck boards simply for the look and feel as well as durability. Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.