DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m trying to renovate my enclosed patio on a very low budget. I don’t even know how old it is.
anyways, it sits on a 2ft brick wall? I’m currently sealing the small cracks and holes in the brick wall it sits on. I noticed the paneling on the aluminum frame was deteriorating and easily broke off. I’ve looked for other options to replace them but I don’t know what or how to install them please help! Also I was trying to save the storm windows I think they are by replacing the clear plastic? I think it is with someone else? Any ideas?? Is that even possible ?? Any ideas or comments would help!!

·
I have gas!
2,372 Posts
This looks like it's one of those Patio Enclosures type product. It looks like the the paneling drops in from the top and then the windows were put in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I don't have any suggestions for your situation, but this thread might get more views and replies in the general diy forum. Maybe one of the moderators will move it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Be EXTREMELY CAREFUL to preserve the aluminum windows and framing:

don't clean them wrong. don't bend them. don't remove the wood and pull and bend them by mistake.

anything all aluminum: THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE, can last a lifetime if propertly cleaned, AND CANNOT BE EASILY REPLACED. (you can't get it at homedepot anymore)

they are, in effect, the patio. everything else is cheap to come by. loose the alumimum: you have no closed patio.

·
Registered
286 Posts
with a little proper cleaning those aluminum windows and doors are so perfect. you can't BUY better materials than that these days (for a patio). you'd get metal that would rust quickly, or have to use PVC windows designed for garages? they still look great. you'd have to be buying from commerial suppliers who do store-fronts to find it anymore. cost you a TON of money to replace those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
with a little proper cleaning those aluminum windows and doors are so perfect. you can't BUY better materials than that these days (for a patio). you'd get metal that would rust quickly, or have to use PVC windows designed for garages? they still look great. you'd have to be buying from commerial suppliers who do store-fronts to find it anymore. cost you a TON of money to replace those.
Yes I started cleaning them and fixing the little hinges that were broken. I refurbished most of them. But I don’t know what to replace the panels with?
It’s 3 inches wide within the panels so I was thinking of putting insulation sheet in between but don’t know what to put as for the exterior paneling or interior? Any suggestions ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts