DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Master Craftsman
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
email notification

Nathan, for some reason I am not getting email notification of any threads that I am subscribed to.

Is it me or something I missed?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
no notification of rplies

Can anyone tell me why I get no reply notifications? I checked the option to receive them but no luck on this forum. The option has been checked form day one.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Is your email in your profile right? Do you have our site on your safe sender list so we don't get put in the spam folder?

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Hmm, let me recheck the email part. I get notifications from the contractor forum. Maybe I made a change there and not here when I switched servers.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
No problem!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Not receiving automated confirmation email about a reply

Hi. I've created 2 new threads. I haven't received any automated confirmation emails that there were any replies to those threads, even though there were quite a few replies. I don't mind going to my threads to look to see if anyone has responded, but I thought I would just mention this and see if I'm doing anything wrong.

·
the Musigician
10,404 Posts
hmmm.... go to userCP (above/left side) and then 'edit options' and be sure what options you want are checked.

DM

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Have you checked your spam folder? You may need to put us on your trusted list.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
hmmm.... go to userCP (above/left side) and then 'edit options' and be sure what options you want are checked.

DM
Correct, you need to make sure the option to receive e-mails is checked. By defualt you will NOT receive e-mails
You need to change that option & select to receive E-mails

Another option is to select when starting the 1st post, scroll down before submitting

You will see an option for notification - Thread subscription
Select "Instant email notification"

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's not an issue with my SPAM folder.

I went to check my edit options, and my Default Thread Subscription Mode is set for "instant email notification."

As with BimmerRacer, it just happens on this particular forum---not the other forums.

It's no problem really. As rarely as I need to post in this forum, it's simple to just look to see if I have had any replies.

Thanks for trying to help, guys.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I know that's a computer term, but that's as much as I know about it. I can't really venture into trying any technical stuff on the computer or I'll get myself in trouble.

BUT, on a happy note, I just got an email that you replied, Scuba_Dave! Hmmm...the only thing I did differently today was actually sign in to the DIY Chatroom (so I could check my "edit options"). Normally, I never sign in when I view the threads or even post, so I'm always considered "off." But now I'm "on." Maybe THAT made the difference in my being able to receive email notification on this particular forum. Anyway, I'm glad to say that it's working. Thanks for your help.

·
Banned
17,248 Posts
If you are logged in all the trime it is accepting & keeping the cookie
I have ~10 cookies that my PC rejects from thsi site - doubleclick & other ad cookies
I have found on some sites that there are 2 cookies that need to be accepted for everything to work
I have accidently denied the wrong cookie & login info was gone

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I know that's a computer term, but that's as much as I know about it. I can't really venture into trying any technical stuff on the computer or I'll get myself in trouble.

BUT, on a happy note, I just got an email that you replied, Scuba_Dave! Hmmm...the only thing I did differently today was actually sign in to the DIY Chatroom (so I could check my "edit options"). Normally, I never sign in when I view the threads or even post, so I'm always considered "off." But now I'm "on." Maybe THAT made the difference in my being able to receive email notification on this particular forum. Anyway, I'm glad to say that it's working. Thanks for your help.
The e-mail notificatio will only happen one time per thread topic until you visit the site again.

By visiting and not being logged in, it did not recognize that you visited the site. Therefor, you must have gotten one notice at one time and just kept on checking in as a lurker, so it will not provide you any further notices.

As long as you log in, you should be fine.

Ed

·
Registered
44 Posts
How can I change my settings so that I no longer receive email updates every time someone replies to a thread I have posted in? I've looked around the user control panel and I don't see that option. Thanks in advance for the help.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts