DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi DIY Friends,
I am planning to contruct a cottage on sea- river shore which is marshy and in the tidal range during high water springs. soil is loose mud. concrete piles have to go really deep. i am thinking of making it stand on Elephant foots , with coconut shells( locally available.) to fill in the pits.
help me with a easy to under stand model of elephant foot construction on marshy soil.
thank you =Paul

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
hi DIY Friends,
I am planning to contruct a cottage on sea- river shore which is marshy and in the tidal range during high water springs. soil is loose mud. concrete piles have to go really deep. i am thinking of making it stand on Elephant foots , with coconut shells( locally available.) to fill in the pits.
help me with a easy to under stand model of elephant foot construction on marshy soil.
thank you =Paul
Have you considered building/buying a house boat?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
hi DIY Friends,
thank you =Paul
Elephant foots with coconut shells on loose mud? Sounds like a structural engineer or house boat dealer should be in your future. You likely won't find a satisfactory answer to that question here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.