DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to run a few circuits in my home and the electric panel is on the bottom floor of a slab home. I'm thinking of running wire along top edge of cinder blocks (along sill plate) on top edge of foundation. Is this safe, or should I cut ceiling down and wire thru joists? Any suggestions/help would be great.

·
flipping slumlord
5,116 Posts
I'm looking to run a few circuits in my (SLAB) home...
Any suggestions/help would be great.
What is ABOVE the living space?

Ideally... you'll have (or make) access through the floor joists to where it's convenient to then go up to the room you want the power or to a convenient place to go up to the "attic"... and from there over to where you can take the wires down to where you want the power.

Going outside and around the house is sometimes needed,
I've done it myself twice... but only as a last resort (or real short run).

hth

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I don't need power above the room. I wanted to add some power to the room and to the adjoining room on the same floor. Running the power right along the top of the cinderblock foundation is the straightest shot. I just don't know if it is code.

Thanks

·
Electrical Contractor
1,994 Posts
IMHO going outside the house and back inside is a complete hack job and should never be accepted. Even if the cable is outdoor rated which it would have to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.