Hi - I need some help making electrical connections for four total lights with three switches. I'm hoping that someone can provide some guidance
- All junction boxes are located in the attic, so they will not be visible.
- I am retaining the electrical setup/layout that is currently in place. I realize there is probably an easier way to rewire everything.
- I would like the two living room lights to operate in tandem on the same switch.
- All boxes are plastic
- All wiring is 12/2 romex connected to a 20 amp breaker at the panel.
- the red lines in the diagram symbolize the white/neutral wire
All of the neutrals get connected in all boxes. I didn't show that since it would make the diagram too cluttered.
Do not connect the white wires that are paired with the black that serve the three switches. They are no longer neutrals. Those 3 whites need to be identified with black tape so they won't be mistaken for a neutral.
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
DIY Home Improvement Forum
A forum community dedicated to Do it yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about tools, projects, builds, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Helping You to Do It Yourself!