DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with a light. I have a double gang box with two switches connected to it. Each switch has a white and black connected to it along with grounds. The only hot leg is coming from the white wire on the first switch. That light works great. However the second light on the second switch does not work at all. It had worked at one point however since I had changed out switches it no longer works. I can't for the life of me figure out why.

·
retired framer
53,644 Posts
I'm having an issue with a light. I have a double gang box with two switches connected to it. Each switch has a white and black connected to it along with grounds. The only hot leg is coming from the white wire on the first switch. That light works great. However the second light on the second switch does not work at all. It had worked at one point however since I had changed out switches it no longer works. I can't for the life of me figure out why.
You have checked for bad bulbs? Tripped breaker? Poor connection at the light? Power at that light?

·
Super Moderator
15,779 Posts
If there is no power at the second switch you need to check at the fixture. You said you had 2 switch loops.

Reactions: J. V.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts