DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new here and have a question. My house was built in 1960. I have a room that's 25' long with only one surface mount light on the far side. Today I was removing the surface mount light to add some new track lighting. The new fixture has a hot black wire, neutral white and a green ground. From the ceiling I have a hot yellow, a tan-ish color with a stripe (where the old fixture neutral was ran to) and then there's 3-4 brown wires bundled and taped together up in the box. I wired the new fixture black to yellow and white to the tan w/ stripe like the old fixture was done. now I cannot get the new fixture working. Nothing is tripping so I don't think anything is cross wired. I'm not sure what to do here. I'm not new to DIY projects, but I don't so much electrical outside of swapping fixtures.

Appreciate any help I can get.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe so. I removed all but one head and made sure all the points were making contact. Still nothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir. I have another set of track and heads still in the box, I think I'll pull those out the in the morning and see if it's not a faulty track or something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went at it again this morning with a new piece of track, got it mounted and hooked up and it flipped right on. When I linked that first track to the new one it still didn't work so it must be something with that piece of track. I appreciate your feed back! I'll definitely be sticking around the forum.

Bake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts