·
Administrator
42,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Electrical and Air similarities.

Reactions: supers05

·
Registered
American Standard Furnace, Condenser, Goodman Coil, Aprilaire dehumidifier, 5ton Goodman Condenser
472 Posts
Only heat stops heat? No idea what that is suppose to mean.

As for stopping electricity. I stop it with switches and disconnects.

If a home has 2 zones, then all zones will call at the same time, 50% of the time. If a home has 4 zones, then all zones will call at the same time 25% of the time.
If you are using a common two-point or two-contact switch that opens and closes you are using an air capacitor, a condenser that charges and discharges 120 times a second to stop the flow of the AC current through the switch or better put limit the flow of AC current through the switch. It does this by passing only the current that is needed to fill the tiny air capacitor as it charges and discharges. It is only the ramping voltage in the air between the points that stops electricity, it repels the flow of electricity. Kind of like one particle of electricity can hold off two and two can hold off four and so and so on. As it is the ramping temperature in wall and ceiling insulation that stops the flow of heat. In other words, you have to heat the insulation on the surface to a temperature closer to the temperature of the room so that the heat in the room is repelled from passing into the insulation. That is how that works. So by maintaining a high temperature at the ceiling the room stays warm for a long time. When the ceiling is only at 72 degrees the amount of heat the ceiling and the air near the ceiling contains is small and is quickly transmitted through the ceiling into the icy cold attic. When the temperature is high more heat slips into the attic but the warming of the attic the ramping of temperature effect increases so that it takes longer to pass the heat from the room into the attic. Causing extremely long cycle times, greater comfort, and a remarkable amount of energy savings.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
American Standard Furnace, Condenser, Goodman Coil, Aprilaire dehumidifier, 5ton Goodman Condenser
472 Posts
I haven't been able to follow any of your logic throughout the thread.

The only thing I've seen is that you've managed to turn physics completely upside down. If you're not a straight up troll, you've done a great disservice to all of your customers.
Physics has been upside down since the day they dropped the Hiroshima bomb and told the world that they would hide the secret of the atom and atom bomb from the citizens of earth. My only concern is if they are not citizens who are they? Haha. Although government rarely follows through on their promises they have on that promise. More than 95 percent of the people on earth no longer understand the atom or electricity.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
472 Posts
I haven't been able to follow any of your logic throughout the thread.

The only thing I've seen is that you've managed to turn physics completely upside down. If you're not a straight up troll, you've done a great disservice to all of your customers.
I do not know how to get you to Benjamin Franklin's work on electricity however the man is 300 years ahead of our top universities. Universities now claim they cannot fly a kite in a lightning storm and have stated that over public broadcasting. So we have fallen a great way from the height that Benjamin Franklin reached. He created the first transistor in his basement by creating an open-air transistor that could stop the flow of lightning voltage. I understand that after World War Two they have hidden that man's great work so many have not had a chance to see what is actually going on and get the basics of electricity, heat, and the atom. But do not let that stop you from getting to the basics.

I had a scholarship when I was 13 to C.W. Post, but they had already changed the curriculum by law, so any public school or college receiving tax breaks, grants or funding had to follow the altered incorrect curriculum or lose federal funding. So I had no use for Universities and dropped out and started working full time at the age of 15 illegally but back then no one cared if you were working. You could even drink if you were working full time no matter your age. In the fourth grade, we learned how to build atomic and kelvin bombs in school, by the time I was in the sixth grade that information we learned was illegal to teach in a public school. So today most of the technology although cool and amazing is witch doctor technology, without the actual basics to explain its function correctly or allow people to understand what they are learning. The reality does not change but conventions change every day to hide the truth. Years ago in HVAC temperature differential ruled, it still does but the newer guys are not taught the importance of it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
11,331 Posts
I do not know how to get you to Benjamin Franklin's work on electricity however the man is 300 years ahead of our top universities. Universities now claim they cannot fly a kite in a lightning storm and have stated that over public broadcasting. So we have fallen a great way from the height that Benjamin Franklin reached. He created the first transistor in his basement by creating an open-air transistor that could stop the flow of lightning voltage. I understand that after World War Two they have hidden that man's great work so many have not had a chance to see what is actually going on and get the basics of electricity, heat, and the atom. But do not let that stop you from getting to the basics.

I had a scholarship when I was 13 to C.W. Post, but they had already changed the curriculum by law, so any public school or college receiving tax breaks, grants or funding had to follow the altered incorrect curriculum or lose federal funding. So I had no use for Universities and dropped out and started working full time at the age of 15 illegally but back then no one cared if you were working. You could even drink if you were working full time no matter your age. In the fourth grade, we learned how to build atomic and kelvin bombs in school, by the time I was in the sixth grade that information we learned was illegal to teach in a public school. So today most of the technology although cool and amazing is witch doctor technology, without the actual basics to explain its function correctly or allow people to understand what they are learning. The reality does not change but conventions change every day to hide the truth. Years ago in HVAC temperature differential ruled, it still does but the newer guys are not taught the importance of it.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
Well that explains everything....

·
Registered
472 Posts
Yup, this seems like it goes perfectly with that post you quoted.

Benjamin Franklin was truly a man of God, despite what colleges claim, while the leaders and educators of today are certainly not men of God, so I do not see how that video applies to me in any way. You have not stated what if anything I stated is scientifically incorrect. If you do not know what I said is true you really should not work with electricity or HVAC. Just reply with what you think is not scientifically correct and I will give you proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Do you think you can stop the flow of electricity without charging an insulator/dielectric? Do you think you can stop the flow of heat without heating a heatsink or insulator? Because that is all I stated.

Sincerely,

William McCormick.

·
Registered
11,331 Posts
Benjamin Franklin was truly a man of God, despite what colleges claim, while the leaders and educators of today are certainly not men of God, so I do not see how that video applies to me in any way. You have not stated what if anything I stated is scientifically incorrect. If you do not know what I said is true you really should not work with electricity or HVAC. Just reply with what you think is not scientifically correct and I will give you proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Do you think you can stop the flow of electricity without charging an insulator/dielectric? Do you think you can stop the flow of heat without heating a heatsink or insulator? Because that is all I stated.

Sincerely,

William McCormick.
Just about everything.

·
Registered
6,929 Posts

Sincerely,

William McCormick.
Thats ok, I’ll keep doing it wrong. It seems to suit me ok.
Remember, I don’t live in your area where the laws of physics have no effect.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Thats ok, I’ll keep doing it wrong. It seems to suit me ok.
Remember, I don’t live in your area where the laws of physics have no effect.
The laws of physics created by God and unbreakable by man have never changed and have never been broken by man. What they teach in school as the laws of physics and even in trade schools have changed. God apparently is the only one who created laws that cannot be broken the laws of the universe. You guys are reciting something you memorized without understanding the actuality. You only have the Lego Land version of reality. You do not posses the basics that have never changed and power all other higher calculations.

When you warm the attic it becomes a rather thick insulator. Just like when you increase the thickness of the dielectric in a capacitor the capacitors ability to absorb electric charge decreases as per capacitance law. The same is true of thermal insulators, increase the thickness and it blocks the flow of heat. So when you get the attic to a certain temperature it becomes a rather good insulator, instead of an almost infinite heat sink.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
11,331 Posts
The laws of physics created by God and unbreakable by man have never changed and have never been broken by man. What they teach in school as the laws of physics and even in trade schools have changed. God apparently is the only one who created laws that cannot be broken the laws of the universe. You guys are reciting something you memorized without understanding the actuality. You only have the Lego Land version of reality. You do not posses the basics that have never changed and power all other higher calculations.
That's way above my pay grade. I just follow the laws, I don't make them. The next time you're discussing tweaking a few laws of physics, anti-gravity and FTL would be nice to have. Sending a few perpetual motion machines down would solve our energy problems.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
You could even drink if you were working full time no matter your age.
I do wonder if instead of drinking, it was pot use - because pot use when the brain is still developing can trigger schizophrenia (or at least schizophrenia like issues - paranoia, delusions)

·
Registered
6,929 Posts

When you warm the attic it becomes a rather thick insulator. Just like when you increase the thickness of the dielectric in a capacitor the capacitors ability to absorb electric charge decreases as per capacitance law. The same is true of thermal insulators, increase the thickness and it blocks the flow of heat. So when you get the attic to a certain temperature it becomes a rather good insulator, instead of an almost infinite heat sink.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
My opinion remains the same

·
Registered
472 Posts
I do wonder if instead of drinking, it was pot use - because pot use when the brain is still developing can trigger schizophrenia (or at least schizophrenia like issues - paranoia, delusions)
Bars would knowingly allow you to drink if you were working full time and underage. Times change. Cops let it go back then.

Sincerely,

william

·
Registered
472 Posts

It is a funny video but coming from the side standing with ungodly sorts that have destroyed centuries of science for government funding, it makes no sense.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

It is funny that you have tried to insult me, but you don’t have the courage to state one thing you do not agree with me about in the posted information in question. Odd almost like a scared bully trying to call out the big kid on the block just to get it over with. Hoping someone else will do the dirty for them. I see true delusion and paranoi in you. While I humbly state scientific fact from a position of solid understanding. I have no fear of seeing an error in my ways, but no one seems to have the courage to say what I have said that is wrong. Very odd indeed. I suspect you got a lesson in universal science and you are afraid you are not as expert as you thought you were.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
6,929 Posts
It is a funny video but coming from the side standing with ungodly sorts that have destroyed centuries of science for government funding, it makes no sense.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

It is funny that you have tried to insult me, but you don’t have the courage to state one thing you do not agree with me about in the posted information in question. Odd almost like a scared bully trying to call out the big kid on the block just to get it over with. Hoping someone else will do the dirty for them. I see true delusion and paranoi in you. While I humbly state scientific fact from a position of solid understanding. I have no fear of seeing an error in my ways, but no one seems to have the courage to say what I have said that is wrong. Very odd indeed. I suspect you got a lesson in universal science and you are afraid you are not as expert as you thought you were.

Sincerely,

William McCormick
Pretty much everything you said, I don’t agree with. Not one single person here thinks you make one bit of sense, but personally all your deranged ramblings prove is your a classic know it all whom makes an excuse for everything they do wrong to try and make it seem right.
You cant even hold a constant stance on subjects, constantly reversing your opinions and trying to make it seem fact.
You make a perfect example for something I tell my apprenticeship students all the time-sometimes all experience means is you’ve been doing something wrong a really long time.

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
You cant even hold a constant stance on subjects, constantly reversing your opinions and trying to make it seem fact.
You make a perfect example for something I tell my apprenticeship students all the time-sometimes all experience means is you’ve been doing something wrong a really long time.
I guess the "i've been doing this for 30 years" type keep on doing wrong because "it works" and they get repeat business. I guess problems cover up for each-other.

Low airflow covering up for the poor dehumidification from being 100% oversized, the charge to x psi covering up for the low airflow problem.

Experience without understanding theory is a disaster.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pretty much everything you said, I don’t agree with. Not one single person here thinks you make one bit of sense, but personally all your deranged ramblings prove is your a classic know it all whom makes an excuse for everything they do wrong to try and make it seem right.
You seem as if you know it all so why are you afraid to tackle one point I made about electricity or heat? Surly you are not wrong and I am not right. Now according to you everyone here does not agree with what I stated. That is also not true. So go ahead attack one of the points I made about electricity and heat. What I have been explaining about both, was what was taught by professors of Universal Science for a very long time. It built and brought forth everything that we have that is worth something today. So go ahead bash what I said it will not hurt me it is hard reality and will be there to goat you for all eternity.

You also claimed my problem wasn’t real, so I took time to enlighten you with actual graphs from systems I just installed that showed what I was saying was in fact totally true. Now I did not make a big deal about you not understanding our area it confuses many an HVAC man even here in the area. But now you are just rattled and trying to hide that there is better simpler technology that explains all things, accept peoples behavior.

Sincerely,

William McCormick

·
Registered
11,331 Posts
I guess the "i've been doing this for 30 years" type keep on doing wrong because "it works" and they get repeat business. I guess problems cover up for each-other.

Wow airflow coving up for the poor dehumidification from being 100% oversized, the charge to x psi covering up for the low airflow problem.

Experience without understanding theory is a disaster.
I can't imagine all of the money his "clients" would have paid, heating and cooling their attics..... No wonder they have humidity problems.

1 - 20 of 362 Posts