DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I have recently replaced my electric furnace with a newer larger unit and am not sure where to put the control wires from my sub meter for off peak. My old furnace had a location for this to be terminated at but I am at a lost on this new one. The documentation does not mention anything. Am i missing something or do I run it some place else like a thermostat? It is a Slant/Fin EH16-135-M3. Any help at all would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Personally, i wouldn't connect it. Let the power company eventually figure out that you're not on load shedding anymore.

If it really bothers you, you can wire it into series with the wires connected to W and R (white and red to the far bottom right of the first picture.)

Remove w, marrette it together with the black/blue connected to that control panel outside. Connect the white/blue to the now empty w.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply supers05, I could just not connect it I guess. The 1st picture is the the original boiler that i removed and the control wires went to the terminal block to the left of what you are describing. I am wondering where it would go on in pictures four and five.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I talked to the furnace manufacture, and determined to run the control wires from the sub meter in circuit with the thermostat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts