DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A stucco company recently asked if I wanted to use EIFS and foam bands. Some Googling told me that EIFS is not a quality material. Is this true? This is in a neighborhood with some $1 million houses in it. And would foam bands be noticeable and look cheap?

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Another way to look at it is that if you didn't need it, don't add it. Assumption only. Unless you learn it and supervise the install, I would assume subpar install. Again, unless the installers take the time and effort to teach you and leave records.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
EIFS is fine I have installed it on many projects that were in the million dollar range a some much higher.
If installed correctly there is & will be no problems associated with with it's use.
One thing to check on the company installing the EIFS is his insurance if he has had problems in the past his insurance WILL not cover the installation of an EIFS product. If you really want to go further have the installation certified by a third party or inspected by the manufacture rep. the manufacture rep. inspection will not add to the cost.

·
Hammered Thumb
3,991 Posts
Buildup of EIFS to represent a cornice, frieze bands, quoins, etc is the defacto standard in commercial, and very common on multi-million dollars homes, especially in FL. I would have thought your new house would have been planned and detailed either entirely stucco or entirely EIFS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.