DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I try to get simple alarm device where once it's ARMED there is NO power on relay coil to save battery, but once I get my signal line disconnected then get some trigger, either connect or disconnect. Is this possible ?

With my Electrical skills circa 1985 I would say that probably it's not. However see so many life hacks these days and electronics,....who knows.

As alternative then I will go with low power relay fed from 12v bike battery, and I need to control up to 15V. Appreciate if somebody can recommend one for this purpose.

Thanks
M

·
Registered
5,678 Posts
Honestly these days, my line of thinking is "Let the battery hold the relay in, then solar panel to keep the battery up".

$30 panel, $30 Morningstar SunGuard charge controller (if you like the Good Stuff), done.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks J ans S! I heard about latching relay, will check. Don't have option for Solar for my case, I basically can go with NO passive Tilt Sensor, but alas all of them I see are NC (NO- Normally Open, NC-Normally Closed)

Thanks
V

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys anybody can help me :
Tilt Tilt ball sensor sheet says : <SENSOR ANGLE: -10˚ to -15˚ scope inside, terminal to disconnection electric current> (eg. https://www.ckswitches.com/media/1317/rb.pdf)

That means that it's NC (Normally Closed) and then upon tilting it's Disconnected.
Is it possible to cheat /reverse its action basically set it initially with balls position = disconnect and expect that upon tilting it will work to Connect ?
I need to find passive (no power) Tilt sensor with Normally Closed pair.

Thanks
V

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.