DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
With the right filtration system, dust shouldn't be such a big issue. They make systems that allow for ducted connection right ot each piece of equipment. You can also have a gooseneck duct for any hand held equipment use on a workbench. If you utilize the system, then the "extra" dust that might escape would be minimal and can be cleaned with a simple sweeping (which should be a regular occurence for a shop anyways).

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm no expert, but in all my years of shop at school, there was never excessive dust problems and the machines ran 6+ hours a day. That shop, of course, had the ducted connections I spoke about.

I wouldn't recommend having the shop share a space with senstive things, but a gasketed, air tight space isn't necessary if you have the proper dust collection system. Simple partitions and/or doors should do the trick.

If you're not getting a system, then I would seal the room up good and tight, have a good exhaust fan going to the exterior for the room, and invest in a great mask...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.