DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I want to take some heavy enameled steel burner covers and apply a stenciled pattern on top. It needs to be somewhat scratch resistant and durable, as these will be used on the stove. Not on a heated burner, though a hot pot could sit on one from time to time.

Any ideas? What will stick to the existing enamel and resist damage? I am a real newbie, plenty of ideas but little know-how.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Shawn

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking more along the lines of go to Walmart, get a can of spray, tape down the stencil, fill it in, bake in oven for 30 min at 350 LOL. Nothing easy like that?

·
Banned
1,586 Posts
Hi all. I want to take some heavy enameled steel burner covers and apply a stenciled pattern on top. It needs to be somewhat scratch resistant and durable, as these will be used on the stove. Not on a heated burner, though a hot pot could sit on one from time to time.

Any ideas? What will stick to the existing enamel and resist damage? I am a real newbie, plenty of ideas but little know-how.

Suggestions are appreciated.

Shawn
Give a little scuff sand with 320 and a rattle can of Rust-Oleum

·
retired painter
10,023 Posts
HF does have [or did] have a powder coat system for sale at what appears to be a low price BUT powder coat paint is supposed to be baked on so unless you have an extra oven or a very understanding wife .......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts