DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
In reference to the tape addition for vibration: if you believe the wirenut is not adequate for the environment, I would suggest a different method of termination, not trying to make an inadequate system work.

and while the tape and scotchkote does generally provide an adequately sealed joint, how about wirenuts that are rated for wet locations?
That would be nice, but in reality, you use what you have on hand. Customers hate paying for travel time. Especially, if they are anxious to get a problem fixed, yesterday!

·
You talking to me?
7,551 Posts
That would be nice, but in reality, you use what you have on hand. Customers hate paying for travel time. Especially, if they are anxious to get a problem fixed, yesterday!
well, what can I say. I try to keep a decent stock of all the materials I might use in normal work plus, when I am given a job, I try to consider what the job might require so I can grab it before I go to the job.

I can't help it if one does not adequately prepare for a job. I know you can't have everything but until you do, you keep trying to reach that goal.

·
" Euro " electrician
5,369 Posts
This is pretty instering thread about wirenuts and how it done for myself I useally pretwist it so it will hold up better however there are very limited spots that I will put a electrique tape on it only spot is useally found in motor peckerhead { motour junction box }

otherwise I go with Polairs connector for peckerhead box set up.

In Europe wirenut is not super widespread as you think it more common to find choc block aka wire termail barrel connector.

As far for Wago connectors it kinda toss up in France we use a bit but Myself I never like it too much if you want to remove that :censored: connector.

Merci,Marc

61 - 63 of 63 Posts