DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Dual vent stack?

534 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  WhatRnsdownhill
Doing a renovation to my side porch and I noticed this additional pipe off my main vent (bottom right).

I believe at some point the previous owner had their washer and dryer up here; you can see the vent hole for the dryer in the lower center of the image.

Is this tapped off pipe a vent or a drain?

See less See more
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
its called a stand pipe( drain) for the washing machine, you can just cap it off or cut it back to the stack and cap..
  • Like
Reactions: 1
1 - 1 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.