DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen any sort of "rack" (or something) to easily stack 2 1/3 HP sump-pumps (one above another) in a sump crock that is too narrow to have them sit on the bottom side-by-side?

I've currently got a 12V backup sitting on top of a 1/3 HP sump-pump, but I'd rather have dual 1/3 HP pumps. The 12V pump is rather "weak" by comparison, though it has worked OK since I installed it a few years back.

BTW, I like to use Zoeller pumps.

·
DIY'r
520 Posts
Not sure of any pre-made products, but..

In the DIY spirit, I'm thinking a small (sturdy) trash can, upside-down, with lots of 1" holes drilled all over. Something that would fit over the bottom pump, with the top pump sitting on the underside of the can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure of any pre-made products, but..

In the DIY spirit, I'm thinking a small (sturdy) trash can, upside-down, with lots of 1" holes drilled all over. Something that would fit over the bottom pump, with the top pump sitting on the underside of the can.
Clever! I'm going to measure again to make sure I can't place the pumps "side by side", but if I "stack 'em", your idea sounds good!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone ever seen any sort of "rack" (or something) to easily stack 2 1/3 HP sump-pumps (one above another) in a sump crock that is too narrow to have them sit on the bottom side-by-side?

I've currently got a 12V backup sitting on top of a 1/3 HP sump-pump, but I'd rather have dual 1/3 HP pumps. The 12V pump is rather "weak" by comparison, though it has worked OK since I installed it a few years back.

BTW, I like to use Zoeller pumps.

Take a look at the stainless steel hanger that can be used for a backup or a secondary electric sump pump to stack one above the other in any size sump. www.basepump.com/sump_pumps.htm shows a Pump Mounting Kit (PMK) to use exactly this way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts