DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i know how to do it but looking for a quicker way to sand down the mud of the ceiling to a new room. can you use a mouse sander and if so what size sanding paper?? If not let me know

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
Make sure you are using drywall sandpaper. It looks like the screen on your windows. Regular sandpaper will clog up in a minute.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It will work, but you'll have to do it very carefully, or you'll sand off too much mud and have to start over again. You don't need to use the specific drywall sanding sheets or screens, I used a palm sander with regular sandpaper to smooth a 7 square foot section of wall after my father-in-law used what seemed like an entire gallon of mud on it. It will get *VERY* dusty very fast, even with a vacuum to remove the dust, so wear a dust mask and goggles. Work in one small area at a time, and go in quick shots, checking for smoothness often.

·
40+yrs Paint Trades
137 Posts
Get a particulate mask and a sanding pole and go to work. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet.

·
Drywall contractor
2,151 Posts
You can rent a power sander with a vacuum at many rental places. That would be the fastest and least mess....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts