DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking if anyone can provide what the acceptable tolerance are for a drywall return around a window. We have two noticeable issues:

1. The plasterer around the jamb isn't even around the window. For example, at the top of the window the plaster is flush with the jamb and by the time you get to the bottom of the window you can either see a lot of the jamb or it's actually protruding in front of the jamb.
2. The corners aren't right angles. Where the side and top/bottom meet the sides angle in a noticeable amount.

Wondering if anyone can give me info on what is considered acceptable?
TY

·
Remodel and New Build GC
11,301 Posts
How about a picture...... who the heck is a plasterer.,,,I assume you mean the drywaller. (Without undersatnding what you are explaining, I'm assuming you had a poor drywall finish.????

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, the windows are fiberglass and they are level and plum. The wall next to it that they plastered is what's crooked. We met with the contractor And he agreed that several of them were poorly done and agreed to fix only some of them that were more severe. The ones that they did fix they ended up replaceing the drywall so that it was level and plum and putting the beading back up so the plaster could come back and replaster them. My concern is with the fact that they are not doing this to all of the crooked windows. But they feel that more are considered acceptable than I consider acceptable. Here are a few pictures although it is difficult to see in a photo. The level shows just how crooked some of the corners are... I'm really curious just to know what would be considered acceptable tolerance because he and I disagree on what needs to be fixed.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts