DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all,

I recently had a towel rack pulled off my bathroom wall by one of my kids. I was wondering how I could go by repairing the hole. As you can see the wall is textured so I was wondering how I can replace that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
5,607 Posts
The easiest DIY repair for this hole is go to the HD and in the paint dept there are patches in4" 6" and 8" sizes. They are square pieces of alum. with a fine mesh tape over then and they are sticky. While you are at the store pick up some sanding screen (in the drywall section) and a can of knockdown texture in a can (paint dept). Now sand all around the hole so the patch will sit flat then sand all the texture out about 5 or 6" from this area stick the patch over the hole then put on a thin coat of drywall mud allow that to dry then sand any ridges off and add a second coat going out past the edges of the first coat. Pay attention to where the mud and the existing drywall meet to get it as smooth as possible. At this point sand the texture out a little farther from the patch. Let dry sand, prime, texture, reprime then paint.

· Registered
37,499 Posts
The hardest part is trying to match the old texture.
That looks like whats called knocked down, no texture in a can I've ever tryed is going to match what you have.
More often then not the whole are will need to be retextured to get it to match perfect.

· Registered
852 Posts

· Registered
5,607 Posts
Also at HD take it from someone who lives in the land of texture it will work, same for the Homax orange peel texture it works well for small repairs and patches. If you live in Fla. and are going to do any kind of painting or repairs to walls or ceilings it doesn't take you long to learn. My advice is get the one with the adjustable nozzle and practice a little on a piece of cardboard till you get it close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.