DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased dryvit from a friend that wanted to change colors. We will use professionals to install. The problem is that one person we spoke with stated that dryvit was no longer good after one year. We have had this for about 1 1/2 years. Is this true and if so is there any salvaging what we have? It has been stored appropriately in a climate controlled area.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
We purchased dryvit from a friend that wanted to change colors. We will use professionals to install. The problem is that one person we spoke with stated that dryvit was no longer good after one year. We have had this for about 1 1/2 years. Is this true and if so is there any salvaging what we have? It has been stored appropriately in a climate controlled area.
Hear say from other people is not what you want to depend on. Contact the manufacturer and ask them.
Ron

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
The manufacturer is going to say what will cover their ass (Minimum). Open it, mix it throughly and smell it. If it smells sour, then it is bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dryvit inquiry from Alexandersh

Yes, manufacturer will usually say what covers their liability, but I'd still go to their website and call to speak to a tech and see what tech suggests. I was lucky to find a dryvit distributed one town away who was very helpful. My installers were trained and experienced so I paid a bit more than I would've for standard labor but it was well worth it. Good luck!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a very good friend that is in the engineering dept at Dryvit I can ask him for you if you would like and he will tell me the truth.:thumbup:

Do you have a product number?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts