DIY Home Improvement Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older house ,built in 72, and during heavy rain the basement leaks. We are in the process of selling the home and the basement poses concern to future buyers. It's not a finished basement, and using a dehumidifier it dry's in less than a day. I've heard pro's and con's with using drylok and just don't know what to do. We have had estimates on waterproofing and most say do a french drain, but the cost is so much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as we thought about applying the drylok soon. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, water in the basement wasn't that big of deal while we just lived there. We dealt with it and moved on, its an unfinished basement we just use to store items and a truck. Now that we have it for sale.... huge frustration. I would think having a basement would be a plus, but not so much anymore.

I've heard drylok can cause more problems than it can help. The water has to go somewhere, and if it can't come out, where's it going to go? We also did a pre-inspection, and the inspector said he wouldn't paint the walls since that's a big sign you're hiding something. I think we may work on the gutters (draining) and maybe do some minor grading to slope away from the house first.

I appreciate the feedback!! and the link!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.