no it didn't reset
and no it doesn't seem to keep heating but i usually run it on a dry setting
like more dry
also i smacked the front left of the dryer killing an ant
that's when the dryer started by itself
(I did get the ant though)
did i maybe break something or make two wires make contact or something
I didnt dent the panel or anything
If capable, unplug dryer and remove face to electric panel that holds the on / off switch and timer knob. Behing the on / off switch is a electrical contact. You may get lucky and find that this contact has overheated and welded itself shut.
If so, pull apart and file to clean the contact. Should be good to go after that.
Make sure dryer is unpluged while working on unit and do not plug back in until fully assembled.
A forum community dedicated to Do it yourself-ers and home improvement enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about tools, projects, builds, styles, scales, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! Helping You to Do It Yourself!