DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Dryer venting options

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperJETT 
#1 ·
I'm moving the washer/dryer from the basement up onto the second floor in a storage room/hallway/whatever you want to call it.

The interior wall is the plumbing wall for the full bath that's on the opposite side, so the washer goes there easily. There is room for the dryer beside it, but since venting a dryer up an interior wall is a no-no, do I have any options? I can go up 6' and back 6' to an exterior wall to vent it outside but is that ok?

The other option is to put it on the other side of the room on the exterior wall but it would throw the layout off quite a bit and switching laundry from washer to dryer would be a stretch.

Here's a quick sketch of what I'm working with. I basically have 3 positions for the 2 appliances. The washer has to go in 2 or 3 and the dryer in any of them. The bottom exterior wall has an angled ceiling from the roof starting around 4' up. The steps go downstairs. The door on the left leads to a bedroom/bathroom.

Am I limited on the venting setup due to distance? I have no problems with a duct being visible going up/over the steps, this is not in a 'public' part of the house, the back steps are rarely used and the door will normally be shut. I would run it in rigid duct, not flexible.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
After searching for the right terms, it appears I should have no problems going up and out the back wall above the steps with rigid duct. I'll be well within the distance limits and be able to have both washer/dryer next to each other and do our hanging rod and folding table in the room as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.